Saturday, October 23, 2004

Going Deaf...

Well, last night I went to see Dogfight at the Axis in Boston. It was amazing to say the least. First of all, it was my fist time driving on the Mass Pike and Rte. 128 and that alone was one Hell of an accomplishment. Second of all, I've never been to Boston without my parents, so to say that this was a big thing is an understatement.

Back on track, we got there after a T-ride from Hell( I get motion sickness!!) and walked around the block to where the Axis was located. We got in ( My brother, three of his friends, my roommate, and myself), and waited for the first openning band to go on, that's right, the first, implying that there was more than one! There were three, yep, three bands that went on before Dogfight even hit the stage!

The first band was a local band from Boston, In Vision ( I hope that I got that right). They were pretty good and are planning on recording their album soon. The second band was another local one, but their music has been on WAAF! Halobourne was really good live and their music was...loud! Next came September Twilight, my favorite other than Dogfight. They had such a great sound and presence on stage. I ended up buying their CD and guess what, they sounded great, but I'd have to say I liked them live better.

Last, but certainly not least was Dogfight! Now I wasn't sure what to expect, and honestly I was afraid that they wouldn't be all that great live, even thought my brother told me that they were great at Loco. To say that I wasn't disappointed would be an understatement. They were amazing live! They sounded just as good if not better than their CD!

I really loved the show and the music. The only complaint that I have is that I'm still not hearing things as I normally would. It was so loud, which is expected at rock concerts, but seriously it was insane. I was right by the speakers all night long so it will be intersting to so how long it is before I can hear again.

I loved spending time with the roomie and my brother. It was a great night all around. The T ride back to the car was intersting to say the least. Let's just say that cramming into the T like sardines was worse than the ride in and I almost didn't make it without getting sick.

I'm still blown away by the whole experience because we were no less than ten feet from bands that we hear on the radio at home. It was an experience of a lifetime. My first concert with my brother, just so happened to be my first time driving on the Mass Pike.

Well I can't really think of much else to ramble on about. But I can honestly tell you that if i didn't like Dogfight before, I love them now! And September Twilight is a band worth checking out. Until next time.

Jen

No comments: