Monday, October 18, 2004

Cursing at the TV

Yet again I found myself sitting in my dorm room swear and cursing at the TV last night. Did I expect it to answer me? Not really, but as you might imagine, it relieves a lot of my stress and frustration. If it is one thing that I have learned from playing sports, sitting on the sidelines watching is far more difficult than playing. Sure while playing you are solely focused on the task at hand, the field, the other players, and you, which isn't necessarily easy, but that doesn't come close to having to sit there helplessly watching as the game goes one way or anther.

Sports is as much a part of me as anything else in my life if not more than most things. I live, breathe, and sleep all things sports. Growing up watching the Patriots, Celtics, Bruins, and Red Sox has definitely influenced my interest.

Even now, years later and while I am older, I still love watching the game with the family.
There's nothing like being at home in your lucky jersey watching your favorite team with the family. I have really come to appreciate that and the fact that it isn't the greatest thing to sit in your room with someone who doesn't quite feel the same way about the game, or like last night, watching the game all alone.

I sat in my room last night swearing at the TV, coming seriously close to throwing things! I love sports with a passion and get really caught up in the heat of the moment. I guess you could say it's in my blood. The adrenaline that rushes through your veins while watching the events play before your eyes is like nothing else.

In my mind there's nothing like playing the game, but I never realized just how intense watching it could be. I know that it may sound weird to say this, but I think I finally understand all of the stress that my mother went through while I was playing over the years.

She could never eat anything during my games...the one time she did she ended up choking on a peanut M&M because I hit my first out of the park home run. Needless to say that watching sports has turned out to be the same for me. I can't do anything else!

Good luck to the Red Sox and Go PATS!

Jen

No comments: