Saturday, September 26, 2015

Dear Future Child

Bear with me while I write this post. It has been a long, raw, emotional week.  While I'm thrilled for family and friends, there was another baby announcement in our inner circle of friends and family and it's a bit difficult to deal with.  If you've been in our shoes, you will understand. If you do not know or have not experienced the agony of infertility, let me educate you.

It is not that we are not happy for others, we're thrilled for you all, but aching and grieving on the inside.  There are good days and bad days.  We need time to sort through our feelings and emotions. It is not that we don't want to be there, it's that sometimes we just can't be there. We have this bleeding gaping wound we're trying to deal with each and every month. We're grieving for something that we hope, wish and pray for each and every month. So please, please just be there for the person you know going through infertility. If affects more people than you even know.

Now onward. I sat down this afternoon and started writing a letter to whatever future child my husband and I may or may not be blessed with. Here it is:

~*~*~*~*~*~
To my dear, sweet miracle,

We have hoped for, prayed for, wished for, and longed for you for years. We have loved you longer than you will know and can even begin to comprehend.  We loved you when you were just a thought, hope, and dream.  We will continue to love you forever.

You, my dear, are everything that we could have ever wished for. I'm writing this now, when you're still a wish, a prayer, and dream. I wonder will you look more like your daddy or me? Will you have his eyes and smile, or my laugh?  Questions that will only be answered when you enter the world and make your grand entrance.

We want you in our arms and love you very much. We are starting the next step in our journey to have you soon. We have waited and hoped for you for a few years now.  The doctor's say it's unexplained why we haven't had any children yet.  I guess that God isn't ready for you to make your appearance yet.  Perhaps you are not ready to join us yet.

We can promise to love you and cherish you.  You can be certain that we will do our very best by you.  My precious little love, we are eagerly waiting for you.  We pray for a happy, healthy, ten fingers, ten toes, perfect, beautiful and wonderful you.

If you're a little boy or girl it will be a thrill for us no matter which you are. We cannot wait to show you the world  and teach you.  We cannot wait to watch you grow, to feel your first kick, and see all of your "first" milestones.  To see you take that first breath, will be a breath-taking experience for us, one that we hope will be soon.

You, little one, are and will be more loved that you know. You've got a few "cousins," second cousins really, already here awaiting your arrival.  I think they would be amazing and fun play-mates. You can have all sorts of fun and get into all kinds of mischief with them.  Oh, just think of the adventures you'll have!

As we begin getting ready for the next round of treatment with the doctors, we hope and pray it will mean that you will be here soon. We can be patient little one, but please hurry for your mommy and daddy love you so.  We cannot wait to meet you.

Hopefully you will be one of the eggs that the doctor takes from mommy next month.  If not we will eagerly and yet patiently wait for you.  Just the thought of you,the hope each month brings, helps us get through the wait for you.  We love you little one.

Love Mommy

                                                     Image result for ivf humor


Image result for infertility ecards

~*~*~*~*~*~

There it is, the letter that had both my husband and I in tears. It'll go in a journal for our little miracle someday.  I'm trying to prepare myself for what the next 9-10 weeks will mean and bring. There will be pain and discomfort, but the thought that this time, maybe this time could be it, is enough to push through it.

I know realistically there's no guarantee that it will work this time.  However, this time, I've got a glimmer of hope that wasn't there last year. Mentally, emotionally, and physically I'm in a better place. Spiritually I'm in a much better place. It has been through my faith and with the love and support of my family and friends that I have been able to get to where I am today.

If this blog can help just one person feel like they're not alone, then it's worth it. It's been cathartic for me, but I know that by looking at blogs and forums online, I have been able to work through some of what I've been feeling and thinking. I want people to know that you're not alone in this journey.

There are a number of resources available to you.  Resolve is a fantastic website that as support groups and information available to you. BabyCenter also has a number of TTC forums. You can follow register, ask questions, and reach out to other going through the same treatment protocol, diagnosis, etc.  I'd also recommend looking up blogs as well.  Educate yourself as best you can.  Last year I was naïve to think, bam! it would happen. I didn't know about half of what the process entailed.

Now I'll leave you with some funny images and truths about IVF. Laughter is one of the only ways that you'll get through the process sane. If you can't laugh you'll cry, and I know which I'd prefer.

Image result for ivf ecardsImage result for ivf ecards   Image result for ivf ecardsImage result for ivf humorImage result for ivf ecardsImage result for ivf humor  Image result for ivf humor      Image result for ivf humor  Image result for ivf humor  Image result for ivf humor  Image result for ivf humor   Image result for ivf ecards  Image result for ivf ecards Image result for ivf ecardsImage result for ivf ecards  Image result for ivf ecards Image result for ivf ecards Image result for infertility ecards   Image result for infertility ecards Image result for embryologist ecardImage result for infertility treatment ecardsImage result for infertility treatment ecardsImage result for infertility treatment ecardsImage result for infertility treatment ecardsImage result for infertility treatment ecards
(Images courtesy of google image search)


Smile and laugh my friends. Simply because you can. Until next time.

No comments: